About Me

My photo
Tarkin's replacement. I am an Astronomy and Math student who is currently having to endure the displeasures of recovering from depression. Granted, the worst is over, but having lost so much, it has certainly taken its toll on me and my mind. Hopefully there is enough left in there for good use.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Possible Vindication?

A lot of things have changed for me since I have last written here, surprisingly. I have been approached by the men's epee captain and my good friend, Dane, and told that according to the powers that be in the fencing club, I have made enough noticeable progress to warrant a slight 'lift' in my travel grounding. I have been asked to lead the B squad in a trip to Georgia. Not quite the responsibility actually. It's only a small drive, and it will only be with some of the men on the team that I do not socialize with that much. Still, it was surprising to receive the message. I don't really know what to make of it at the moment. I didn't feel elated, that is certain. I just took it with a grain of salt almost. I don't feel that the team would stab me in the back, no pun intended, but I do feel that they all look at me very differently since everything that transpired over the summer has happened. I don't really know anymore. I am simply going along with it and telling them that I am happy, as they probably expect me to be, and telling them that I still might not be able to go due to real technical reasons keeping me grounded still, such as monetary problems and academic conflicts. So I am telling them the truth, just not the whole truth. They have to remember that I also look at them differently since they told me that I had become a 'liability' to the team over what happened during the end of the summer which did not even have to do with the team. They did not fully understand the commitment that I have given to this team. Many others that I know would have already left or have simply flaked away given the same circumstances. I have not. I deserve every recognition from them in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment