About Me

My photo
Tarkin's replacement. I am an Astronomy and Math student who is currently having to endure the displeasures of recovering from depression. Granted, the worst is over, but having lost so much, it has certainly taken its toll on me and my mind. Hopefully there is enough left in there for good use.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Momento

Just watched Memento, a small time great film by Christopher Nolan that is done rather masterfully. The protagonist suffers anterograde amnesia and cannot store any new memories past an event in his life. The movie is beautifully written and always leaves me thinking about that kind of thought pattern for some time afterward. I must admit, I am always asking myself what kind of hell it must be to not be able to make new memories. To be stuck in limbo, and only be able to get to that realization before some unexpected event makes you lose focus and leads you again into the general state of confusion and wonder about where you are. I would never know what I would do if I was in that state through some unfortunate accident. Well if I was in that sort of state I would not be able to focus long enough to suffer that realization all the time, so I suppose that it would actually be a small type of reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment