About Me

My photo
Tarkin's replacement. I am an Astronomy and Math student who is currently having to endure the displeasures of recovering from depression. Granted, the worst is over, but having lost so much, it has certainly taken its toll on me and my mind. Hopefully there is enough left in there for good use.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Late night pondering p.2

I am currently reading a book on linux and learning the whole system as well as C++ to augment my understanding of IDL (interactive data language) which is C++ derived. Well for starters, IDL is an abysmally unfriendly language to be thrown headfirst into and I must say that I am rather irked by it still even after using it for almost 3years now. But linux itself is quite a nice system. However, I am forced to have to run it through WUBI since windows has seen it fit to make it damn near impossible to correctly partition my harddrive so that I can install linux correctly as a permanent dual boot operating system. Ce la vie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment